Heading to Brisbane? Here are just a few things that make a trip to and around the sunny city nice and easy for visitors.
- City Loop bus shuttle – this free city service has been a saviour with avoiding the hike to my hotel at the top of Spring Hill, when heat and heels prohibit getting anywhere very quickly.
- Free city ferries – another visitor perk and a great use of the water ways in Brisbane which we don't get in Melbourne.
- Hotel Urban – this chic hotel sits above the hustle and bustle of the CBD on Spring Hill and has been a huge help my entire stay. Enjoy a champagne lounge, nice rooms (good hairdryers!), great city views and friendly, regular staff who actually remember your name.
- Brew – Melbourne-grade coffee, down a lane way in the CBD, with crazy-awesome service. Nuff said.
- All the pretty things – there’s no denying that Brisbane is a fetching dame. The water is peaceful, Story bridge is gorgeous by night, Southbank is relaxed savvy, and the city looks amazing when it's all lit up and sparkly.
Brisbane – you’re not Melbourne, but you’re a bit of alright.